Silverleaf Writers Guild
December 11, 2018

Annual Northern Ontario Book Fair

Details for the 3rd Annual Northern Ontario Book Fair will be forthcoming in 2019. Thank you for everyone who participated in the 2nd Annual event in 2018.

 


The annual Northern Ontario Book Fair began in 2017 on a very small scale: just one table of books by about half a dozen Northern Ontario authors.

We sold 81 books at the 2017 event, which was an excellent result for our first time out. The authors kept the vast majority of their profits, and the Silverleaf Writers Guild broke even (give or take a few dollars).

In 2018, we’re going to be expanding our inventory to better showcase the range of styles and perspectives presented in Northern Ontario literature. We want to show what Northern Ontario authors have to offer!

All authors are encouraged to attend the fair as shoppers and support their fellow authors, but only a few will be selected to step behind the table and represent Northern Ontario authors. This is not meant to make anyone feel excluded, but simply because this event is still growing and we have not reached the point yet where every author can have their own table and do their own book signings. We hope to get there someday. The success of this year’s event will go a long way toward making that a reality, so come support your fellow authors!


Author Eligibility

Authors are eligible if they were either born in or currently reside in Northern Ontario, and if they have at least one traditionally or self-published book length work to sell. Books can be any style or genre, including poetry, fiction, non-fiction, plays, comic books and graphic novels, so long as they are finished book form.

Authors will be selected based on a number of criteria in an effort to showcase a diversity of forms, styles and perspectives.

Here are a few details to remember:

  • If you are a member of the Silverleaf Writers Guild, you will keep 85% of the profits from your book sales (which the guild will send to you via email money transfer once the accounting of the fair is completed). The guild will keep the other 15% to cover our overhead expenses. If you are not a member of the guild, you will keep 80% of the profits.
  • Unless you are one of the authors invited to represent Northern Ontario authors at the fair, volunteers from the Silverleaf Writers Guild Board of Directors and membership will sell your books on your behalf.
  • You will be responsible for getting your books to and from the fair (we unfortunately can’t yet afford to cover the costs of shipping)
  • You may send no more than 20 of each book you will be selling, and no more than 5 titles from your entire body of work due to space and weight restrictions. That means each author can sell up to 100 books. If we sell out, we will direct people to your website and/or collect names and contact information for follow up sales.

2018 Event Sign Up

If you are an author and wish to sell your books at the Northern Ontario Book Fair or attend in person, please fill out the form below.

Submissions for 2018 are now closed