FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Silverleaf Writer’s Guild is excited to announce authors who will appear at the 3rd Annual Northern Ontario Book Fair taking place September 28-29, 2019 in Cobalt, ON. The event, which coincides with Culture Days, will feature book-length works by writers from all over Northern Ontario.
The event will feature a presentation by Cobalt’s poet laureate, Ann Margetson, author of Northern Treasures (2010). The fair will also include appearances by authors from across the region, including:
- Peter Best of Sudbury, author of There is No Difference (2018)
- Michelle Contant of Elliot Lake, author of A Tremor Through Time: Recollections from a Northern Ontario Childhood
- David G. Ferguson of Algoma Mills, author of three titles including White Gold (2018)
- Laurie Gardiner of Cambridge (originally from New Liskeard), author of Tranquility (2015) and whose short fiction has been included in several Of Words anthologies
- J.W. Goodwin of New Liskeard, author of By the Light of a Darkened Forest (2016)
- Karin Mackenzie of Nipigon, author of Breakfast at Grandma’s (2018)
- Erika Pankiw of Timmins, author of nine titles including the Rikka Shai: Behind the Music first (2015), second (2017, and third (2019) volumes
- Gretchen Roedde of Haileybury (originally from Thunder Bay), author of two titles including A Doctor’s Quest, 2nd (2019)
- Victoria Woolridge of Kirkland Lake, author of six titles including Leave the Lights On (2019)
Time is running out to register for this event. Authors are encouraged to visit silverleafwriters.com to find out more about the event and register. Free accommodations, generously donated by Presidents’ Suites in Cobalt, are available to authors on a first come, first serve basis.
For authors unable to attend the event in person, guild volunteers are able to sell books on their behalf for a consignment. Authors interested in selling their books by consignment are encouraged to email email@example.com as soon as possible.
Silverleaf Writers Guild